When it comes to finding powerful ways to take get your content distributed through different outlets on the internet, social bookmarking is the fast track to leveraging your content. No matter what type of digital media you choose to publish your content in, whether it’s a video, an article, digital images, or even audio, using social bookmarking is the quickest way to share it with other people on the worldwide web. There are many ideas about this subject, so here are some solid social bookmarking quick tip and its benefits.
1. Don’t Waste Time Bookmarking The Old Way – It used to be that in order to bookmark a piece of content you would have to go to each social bookmarking site and submit your content to each one. This unfortunately can take a lot of time and is really tedious. Fortunately there are now bookmarking hubs that allow you to submit your content to one location and distributes them to sites like Digg, Reddit, Technorati, and Propeller just to name a few. This can be done with just the click of the mouse.
2. Use Attention Getting Headlines – When submitting your content make sure to include a title that will raise curiosity. It’s not necessary that the bookmark title and the content title be the same. Having a title that will get peoples attention or create some level of emotion, will get your content looked at a lot more often than if it’s just some run of the mill title.
3. Get The Readers Interest and They Will Come – It’s vitally important that along with your headline that you offer a compelling description of what your content is about. You are competing with hundreds of others that are all vying for the same reader, so be sure to make it worth the while of the person viewing it. It’s about getting them to click through to your site at the end of the day.
4. Don’t make the Mistake of Bookmarking Everything – Many times people that are new to bookmarking fail to take the right approach, and bookmark the site instead of the individual piece of content. Be sure to bookmark just a post or a single comment, not the entire blog or website.
5. Get Into the Habit of Bookmarking Others Stuff – Remember the web these days is all about being social. Take the time to recognize other people’s work. When you find a piece of worth content head over to one of the bookmarking hubs mentioned before and share their information with everyone else. It allows you to add your opinion, and adds value to a conversation around their content.
One of the great things about using bookmarking is that it lets you become part of a growing online social community that has a huge appetite for the latest and greatest trend that is happening. Use bookmarking to share meaningful information with others. However a word of warning. Using social sites as a platform for spamming is never a good idea. The social bookmarking sites can quickly spot spammers and do shut down accounts regularly. These social bookmarking quick tips and benefits should give you some food for thought when it comes to generating more traffic to your website.